During the 34th WTA executive board meeting(11 September 2017), the board members approved three below applicants as associate members.
1) Egypt Science & Technology Park for Electronics Research & Industry(STPERI)
▪ Location: Cairo, Egypt
▪ Established: 1989
▪ Characteristics: research in electronics & ICT sector with 280 researchers and 140 administrators. STPERI aims to activate the role or research work and link it with Industry sector production to increase the economic growth in Egypt. There are 6 partners in Egypt and 4 partners in overseas.
2) Iran Razi Technology Incubator, Razi Vaccine and Serum Research Institute
▪ Location: Karaj Alborz, Iran
▪ Established: 1925(Incubator, 2013)
▪ Characteristics: well known as one of the oldest and most reputed scientific centers in Iran. With a vision to support development of SMEs as well as knowledge-based companies in Iran, Razi produces over 60 biological including bacterial, viral, and parasitic veterianry and medical vaccines.